Pages

Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Trying new things...

We have been trying new things in our house. New things meaning meals & foods that some have tried some haven't. Some like some look at me like omg did she just make that! But through the past month we have been able to add more items to "THE LIST".
This list is something my husband started to say after I made something he loved. He would say " oh this goes on the list". Never wrote anything down just knew the meals he liked and I enjoyed and we would make that.

My husband has been eating my food for almost 17yrs now. He will tell you in the beginning it was looking grim for good meals.
But come on I was 17 yrs old!
Frozen foods etc was a specialty in our house. Boxed Lasagna was our Italian dinner night go to meal!
As I grew up I started to bring out both of my grandmother's awesome cooking skills! Slowly.........
As I started to actually "try" cooking it came so naturally to me. Like it was in my blood.
My Irish Grandma, Greek Grandma, and Italian Grandpa, Aunt's and Uncles had taught me something.
And now I think I can make a good meal. 
Like most I have made a few flops that involve ordering pizza after trying the meal, but how will I know if I don't try!

So these past three weeks we have cut back on our meat intake and started making meals that we would only have on meatless Mondays or just never tried. Also having only chicken on the days we do have meat.

I want to share a few of them with you that I can say everyone in the house enjoyed. None of these recipes were invented by me, but I did do a few things to a few of them to make them my own.
I hope you enjoy them as much as we did.
And thank you 
http://weelicious.com/ 
This recipe I made and then added the little buggers to pita bread, with the yogurt sauce, lettuce, feta cheese, red onion and tomatoes. YUM!
Joshua helped me make these and was eating the bean mixture while I was making the little patties.
Mexican Lasagna 
to this recipe I used the low fat cream cheese, low fat cheese and less of it, and added another 4 corn tortilla's to the top. 
Served with corn, and spanish rice (recipe later) and it was a huge hit with the family!


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blog Template by BloggerCandy.com